Intro to Medical Editing, with Meredith Gordon Resnick
About Meredith Gordon Resnick: Meredith Gordon Resnick, L.C.S.W., worked in healthcare for two decades and maintains a strong interest in the expressive arts. She is the creator of ShameRecovery.com and The Writer's [Inner] Journey. Her work appears in the Washington Post, Newsweek, JAMA, Journal of Palliative Care.com, Los Angeles Times, Motherwell, Lilith, and others. Meredith created the "Surviving Narcissism" series and is co-author of the forthcoming All The Love: Healing Your Heart and Finding Meaning After Pregnancy Loss.
Host Elizabeth Hanes BSN RN built a six-figure writing business in her spare time. Today, she coaches other nurses how to become freelance writers through the RN2writer project.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- 3:33 Tour of Medical Editing Basics for Nurses course
- 5:00 How did you get into medical editing?
- 10:50 Prospecting as a Medical Writer
- 13:15 A World of Opportunities for Medical Editors
- 16:30 What does a Medical Editor do?
- 21:30 Guidelines and Style Guides
- 25:00 Why Medical Editing is the Perfect Adjunct to Nurse Writing
- 32:15 A Demand for People of Healthcare Backgrounds!
- 36:05 What is in the Medical Editing Course?
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Medical Editing Basics for Nurses: https://www.rn2writer.com/offers/LiNuyxCy/checkout
RN2writer Daily: http://rn2writerdaily.com/
- Download and listen to the podcast of this episode at RN2writer
- Start your journey from nursing to writing with the ebook Design Your Dream Career as a Nurse Writer
- Follow RN2writer on social media: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
Special thanks to:
Custom RN2writer theme music by https://www.podcastthemes.com/