Query Letter Critique with Sarah Steensen
In today’s episode, Sarah Steensen shares her pitch for a dynamite article idea. What makes a query letter stand out? How much information should you share with a potential editor? Find out what the best practices are when pitching an article!
Host Elizabeth Hanes BSN RN built a six-figure writing business in her spare time. Today, she coaches other nurses how to become freelance writers through the RN2writer project.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- 3:00 what is a query letter?
- 8:23 How to write a strong introduction
- 10:15 Don’t make this mistake when pitching!
- 11:55 Be straightforward in your title
- 12:45 What information should you share with the editor?
- 17:46 Should you say that you are a full time RN?
Resources mentioned in this episode: