[RN2W] 6: Mini-Coaching: Overcoming the Overwhelm with Brandy Hall RN
Launching a freelance writing career is all fun and games…until you find yourself overwhelmed with choices about “what to do next.” That was the decidedly UN-fun situation Brandy Hall RN found herself in after she launched her freelance career and started to plot a course for her business. Should she work on her LOIs? Write some articles for LinkedIn? Finish and publish her website?
It’s very easy to get ensnared in what Brandy characterized as a “cycle of paralysis.” If you find yourself there, too, this episode will not only provide you with emotional comfort but also help you figure out how to assign priorities to the many tasks required to launch your writing business or propel it forward.
Guest Brandy Hall is a Nurse Writer who established The Writing RN to provide health and wellness content to businesses in the medical, health, and wellness specialties. Brandy has over 15 years of experience as a nurse, which drives her love of helping others through educating on health information.
As the mom of two girls, ages 13 and almost 2, a military spouse, and stepmom of two, Brandy followed her passions of being creative, writing, and caring for others as an opportunity to be more family-focused and pursued her own business. This also allowed her to do other things she enjoys like traveling, learning, reading, and fitness.
Host Elizabeth Hanes BSN RN built a six-figure writing business in her spare time. Today, she coaches other nurses how to become freelance writers through the RN2writer project.
Topics discussed in this episode
Here’s what Brandy and I chatted about:
- How Brandy unfortunately got her head filled with “noise” from self-anointed freelancing experts on the internet and subsequently became frozen [06:18]
- Persistence is the key to success in freelancing [07:49]
- How common is this feeling of “what do I need to do next?” among aspiring nurse writers? [08:20]
- The three things every nurse writer needs to do when they’re first getting started [08:50]
- The fastest way to get work samples [09:47]
- Why it’s imperative you have at least a basic website for your writing business [10:53]
- The biggest mistake novice freelance writers make when publishing LinkedIn articles [11:37]
- Exactly how to leverage your clinical niches to find clients [14:22]
Resources mentioned in this episode
Brandy’s LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/brandy-hall/
The Complete Guide to Content Marketing Writing for Nurses course (free webinar): https://go.rn2writer.com/webinar-registration
RN2writer STAT: Next-Level Coaching to Grow Your Business to Six Figures Faster: https://go.rn2writer.com/stat-sales-page-a