[RN2W] 3: Letter of Introduction Critique, featuring nurse writer Sheila Burns
Letter of Introduction Critique, featuring nurse writer Sheila Burns
In this episode, novice nurse writer Sheila Burns bravely shares the Letter of Introduction (LOI) she’s been sending to potential clients. Why isn’t it generating any responses? Is it long enough? Too long? Does it miss the mark?
Get the answers along with Sheila as Beth provides her feedback to improve this LOI.
Host Elizabeth Hanes BSN RN built a six-figure writing business in her spare time. Today, she coaches other nurses how to become freelance writers through the RN2writer project.
Topics discussed in this episode
Here’s a sampling of what you can learn in this episode:
- How strong is this email subject line? [4:06]
- The missing component: What’s in it for the recipient? [6:33]
- How to address the recipient’s “pain points” [7:23]
- How can you know the recipient’s pain points are? [7:46]
- Lead with the paint points and benefits [9:52]
- Personalize the LOI just enough [11:12]
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Download and listen to the podcast of this episode at the RN2writer website (or find it on Apple Podcasts or Spotify): https://www.rn2writer.com/podcasts/the-rn2writer-show
- Start your journey from nursing to writing with the ebook Design Your Dream Career as a Nurse Writer: https://go.rn2writer.com/dydc
- Follow @RN2writer on social media: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter