The Health Journalism Basics for Nurses course walks you step-by-step through the process of ideating, pitching, reporting, and writing a sample health article so you gain a strong understanding of the process – and can immediately replicate it to begin pitching and selling real articles to editors.
It also includes these bonuses:
- Mega-List of 50 Health Markets that Pay Nurse-Writers ($147 value!)
- Ebook: The Secret Story Idea Generator Journalists Use to Create Unlimited Pitches
- Query development worksheet to use over and over to create pitches that sell
- Pitch tracking spreadsheet to organize your queries at-a-glance
- Prospecting worksheet to help you find publications and editors in an efficient, systematic way
The course is divided into five extremely detailed and in-depth lessons that explain and demystify all the major parts of the freelance journalism process:
- Ideation: How to identify and develop salable story ideas any editor will be eager to buy + a self-study assignment that has you develop several article ideas to pitch as soon as you complete the course
- Pitching: The art of writing a query letter that sells your article idea + a self-study assignment that has you create a sample pitch based on one of the ideas you previously developed
- Assignment: What to do when you receive an assignment letter – and the key details to look for and clarify before you dive into any assignment
- Reporting/Writing: How to find and interview experts, how to identify unbiased secondary sources, and how to put all of your data and information together in an engaging story + a self-study assignment in which you write a sample article based on the pitch you created in step two
- Revising: What to do and how to behave when editors send you revision requests (which they will)
- Invoicing: The ins and outs of what information an invoice should include, the importance of organizing and tracking your invoices, and more
- Receiving Payment: Don’t just deposit that check in your personal checking account! Learn basic financial management techniques for business
By the time you complete all the lessons and assignments, you should feel confident about immediately starting to pitch article ideas to editors and report/write those stories – and get paid to do it!
You can complete this course in your own time, at your own pace, completing the assignments as you go. Once you purchase the course, you can access it as many times as you’d like!
PLUS, it comes with my legendary guarantee: If you complete the course and apply the lessons but don't sell an article within 365 days after purchase, send me an email for a full refund!